Have you created an initiative in your animation program that you find really unique and effective in and/or out of the classroom?
We are looking for 6 teachers to “Show and Tell” in a 10-minute presentation at our next Animation Educators Forum (AEF) General Membership meeting.
The topic for this year’s meeting is: Animation Education: 6 Effective Strategies. Submit your ideas for a presentation in one (or more) of these topics:
- Assignments/projects – both in-class and outside of class
- Outside the classroom initiatives
- Working/collaborating with students in research or creative projects
- Other approaches that promote Animation Education
The Forum is open to all educators, so come and be a key part of a lively, interactive discussion! We will also be streaming the event and chatting with remote audience members over the internet.
The General Membership meeting will take place on March 28, 2015 from 10 am – 2 pm at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California.
LMU School of Film and Television
Communications Arts Building
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Campus maps: http://www.lmu.edu/resources/campus_maps.htm
Parking is free on weekends
NOTE: If you live outside of the Los Angeles area, you can present remotely using WebEx!
Proposals should be received by noon on March 16, 2015.
Create a proposal for your presentation that includes the information below. Save the document in a PDF format, including your first and last name (ex. AEF Proposal_JohnDoe). Send the file as an attachment to an email with a subject line of AEF 2015 General Meeting Proposal to Aubry.Mintz@csulb.edu.
- Indicate the topic that you would like to present (see list in Summary above).
- Include a title and abstract no longer than 200 words.
- Provide a brief biographical statement of no more than 150 words that includes your teaching background.
- Complete contact information, including name, institutional affiliation, postal address (may be institutional address), email address and telephone number.
- Specification of the file formats that will be used for the presentation (and include a sample slide or image if desired).
After receiving an invitation to participate from ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum, please supply the following:
- Links to download any media to be used as part of the presentation. Include your rst and last name in the le name. Your presentation media will be uploaded to the projection equipment in preparation for the event, but please also bring a backup copy on a USB drive with you.
- If you intend to project a movie, note that Quicktime ProRes 422, NOT HQ is preferred.
- A 300 dpi/ppi headshot/illustration for use in our program/event collateral
- If you are presenting remotely, a WebEx invite will be sent to the email that you provide. We may have to control the media portion of your presentation on-site, so please provide links as requested above.
- A signed waiver granting ASIFA-Hollywood’s Animation Educators Forum permission to include your presentation as part of the live stream/archived internet broadcast of the event (AEF will provide a form for you).
NOTE: You will retain copyright to the contents of your presentation. You must also acknowledge that its content (cited or uncited) is protected by Fair Use provisions and, if not, any intellectual property/copyrighted materials have been cleared with its registered owner.