The 2016 edition of the 24 Hour Animation Contest will take place on Friday, October 7 at 3pm PST! This is the contest’s 14th year, and the teams will have double the amount of participants of last year’s event.
This contest will teach students much about working together, meeting deadlines and making creative decisions under pressure. Although it is quite a bit to do in such a short time, the teams always finish their films…and everyone has a lot of fun, too!
Want to participate? Follow these 6 easy steps:
- Select one SCHOOL REP (teacher or student organizer) from your school and confirm your schools participation with 24 HOURS contest organizer Aubry Mintz: Aubry.Mintz@csulb.edu (The teams must be able to work at your school to ensure the rules are followed).
- Students should organize into teams of 5. Schools can have as many groups participate as they can handle. Each team must select a TEAM CAPTAIN. The Captain must register team members names/contact information at the event’s registration page.
- Once you register, you cannot change your team name so choose wisely! All team members must join our Facebook group.
- Aubry Mintz will announce the theme for this years contest LIVE on YouTube (link to follow) 3pm (PST) Friday, October 7th.
- Teams will have exactly 24 hrs. to complete a 30 second animated film based on the theme given. The films must be posted on You Tube and a link must be emailed to Aubry.Mintz@csulb.edu before 4pm Saturday October 8th. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Films will be judged by a panel of industry professionals based on: storytelling (10 points) art direction/animation (10 points) creativity/interpretation of theme (10 points) and level of completion (10 points).
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday October 11th and prizes will be awarded from sponsors (Stay tooned for list of sponsors).
GOOD LUCK and “see” you at 24 HOURS!!! Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org